Car Battery Tips
A car battery is an important aspect in the proper working of the car; the car battery serves as the power supplying unit which provides the current to start the starter motor in the car. As an important part in the proper working of the car, it has to be maintained properly to make use of the car battery effectively. Here are some of the points listed below to maintain car battery effectively.
Points to be noted:
- Make sure the car battery rating meets the minimum cranking amperage (CA or CCA) requirement for your vehicle
- Even today maintenance free car batteries need to be undergone periodic inspection & cleaning to ensure proper operation
- The fan belts should be inspected for signs of wears and proper adjustment should be provided
- Loose or corroded cable ends prevent your car battery from maintaining a full state of charge
- Heat causes more damage to car batteries than cold weather, but starting a vehicle in cold weather puts more strain on it
- Electrolyte level, overcharging, undercharging, corrosion, cycling, Temperature & vibration are some other aspects which reduces the efficiency of the car battery performance.